Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Achieved Excellence

Achieved Excellence

It had all happened on a cold rainy morning when the spectacular speech finals were being held at the amazing Tamaki Intermediate and man was it nerve racking having everyone looking at you. But!! before we got into anything special the fantastic finalists for speeches had to practice on stage. Even still was it super scary and it was only about nine noble people who made it to finals so while we were in the huge hall we practiced for approximately half an hour then finally the rest of the super school had come in the hall.

Almost instantly I thought the time had come for us to say our speeches luckily enough I was not first but sadly I was actually second first was Pearl Niu. Meanwhile we were given a while to settle down and get ready while the talkative teachers were talking. It turned out that they were talking so long that almost the whole school ended up talking but anyway the time had come.

They had finally amazingly announced that it was time for Pearl to do her speech and her speech was I something I would never have guessed her doing. She seemed to have remained calm only to have a few hiccups here and there then her class stood up and started to sing a song

Then finally it was my turn and immediately my mouth turned as dry as a desert and as I walked up the stairs it got even dryer and as I was saying my speech I was looking around and I could tell by the expressions on the judges faces that I was doing really well. Then at the end of my spectacular speech I did a mistake and went down the stairs when I was actually meant to stay on stage and start the soft song for my class. Finally afterward while everyone was saying their speeches Pearl who was next to me was saying that I was going to win. Then almost suddenly the speeches had finished and Mr Horan had announced that they would release the answers for the winners of the speeches after morning tea at the maths test.

After morning tea I literally had beautiful butterflies in my stomach because I actually knew I had a chance of winning the trophy for  speeches and what was even more exciting is that it could be my first trophy ever. Then Mr said that the fantastic finalists had to come up. First we received a chocolate bar for being finalists and then Mr announced the Whaia Korero award for intense Irasa Lafi. Finally came the speech trophy itself in fourth was Ili in third was Pearl who I thought was alright in second was Irasa Lafi and then the time had come at this moment I could hear people whispering my name and then Mike the man and said the best word ever Nathaniel. At this moment I was extremely satisfied with myself and knew that I had achieved excellence and I wished that that day would never have ended.

At the end of that day I found myself exhausted and completely satisfied with myself and I knew I was going to keep trying to win more spectacular trophies and I hope to find me winning a lot more trophies preferably speech trophies. From this I believe that I can forward myself to

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.